Highlights of spring game
All eyes were on Sean Mannion, Cody Vaz, but Brent VanderVeen received the most playing time on Fri
Oregon State held its annual spring football game on Friday, which was televised on the Pac-12 Networks and featured a scrimmage format with the offense dressed in white and the defense in black. The attention going into the game focused around the quarterback competition between junior Sean Mannion and senior Cody Vaz.
Wheaton drafted by Pittsburgh, Poyer to join Kelly
Markus Wheaton selected in 3rd round by Steelers, Jordan Poyer in 7th round by Chip Kelly, Eagles
After spending the last four years playing on Saturdays in Reser Stadium, Jordan Poyer and Markus Wheaton will both be playing on Sundays in the state of Pennsylvania. The two former Beavers heard their names called in the NFL Draft over the weekend.
Column: All eyes will be on the QBs, as they should be
Twelve months ago, a quarterback emerged in a spring game. It happened 45 miles south of Corvallis. Marcus Mariota, still a relatively unknown redshirt freshman at the time, put on a clinic at the University of Oregon football team’s spring game. Mariota was in the midst of a quarterback battle with Bryan Bennett.
Football plays spring game Friday
OSU plays annual spring game Friday, televised on Pac-12 Networks
Oregon State football takes the field at Reser Stadium Friday night for the spring football game, which will culminate spring camp. It’s a chance for students and fans to get a glimpse of what the 2013 season will look like for the Beavers. It is also a chance for the younger players to get a better feel for what game day preparations feel like.
No progress on quarterback decision
Riley says Mannion, Vaz will likely battle for starting QB into fall camp
Who do you think should start at quarterback for the Beavers in 2013? Vote on our poll. Once again, the Oregon State football team has a battle for the starting quarterback position with no end decision in sight. The situation hasn’t changed much from the beginning of spring camp four weeks ago in that there has been few distinguishing factors between junior Sean Mannion and senior Cody Vaz.
- Highlights of spring game
- Wheaton drafted by Pittsburgh, Poyer to join Kelly
- Column: All eyes will be on the QBs, as they should be
- Football plays spring game Friday
- No progress on quarterback decision
- Wheaton, Poyer working out in Corvallis, ready for draft
- Finding a place among the greats
- Spring football conversation
- On to the next one
- Searching for depth at CB
- How to replace Markus Wheaton
- Spring football: defensive tackles
- VS. COLUMN: Football over baseball
- VS. COLUMN: Baseball over football
- Column, Spring football: 3 players that could surprise people
- Spring football: A look at RBs
- QBs, WRs, CBs headline spring football
- Column: 10 things to watch in spring football
- Walk-on to walk away: Nielsen transfers to Sacramento State
- Agnew to transfer to Southern Illinois
- Former Beavers speak at Boys and Girls Club
- Wheaton's draft stock rising