Athlete of the week (Oct. 30) - The Daily Barometer: Sports

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Athlete of the week (Oct. 30)

Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:54 pm | Updated: 10:58 pm, Tue Oct 29, 2013.

Senior midfielder Jacy Drobney is the Daily Barometer Athlete of the Week after netting the game-winning goal against then-No. 12 Cal on Friday.

It was Drobney’s first goal of the season to go along with three assists in 2013. It was the fifth goal of her illustrious career at Oregon State.

The two-time team captain has started 70 games in her career, including all 17 of OSU’s games this season.

Saturday’s goal came in the 55th minute and increased Oregon State’s winning streak to three before losing to Stanford on Sunday.

Drobney was a Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention her past two seasons at Oregon State to go along with her on-the-field achievements.

The senior and Colorado native has been one of head coach Linus Rhode’s most reliable players the past two seasons, and was voted “Most Consistent Player” by the team last year.

Drobney led Oregon State in minutes played last season and leads the team once again this year with 1,570 played thus far.

Drobney and the Beavers are back in action on Friday when they travel to Los Angeles to take on UCLA. The Beavers only have three regular season games remaining, culminating in a Civil War showdown with Oregon in Corvallis on Nov. 7.

The Daily Barometer

On Twitter @barosports

sports@dailybarometer.com

More about

More about

More about