Brief Week 8 football notebook

Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:50 pm | Updated: 7:07 pm, Wed Oct 23, 2013.

• Head coach Mike Riley said after practice on Tuesday that junior tight end Connor Hamlett would not play this week against Stanford. Hamlett had his left knee scoped last week and will likely be out for the next game against the University of Southern California on Nov. 1 as well.

• Senior defensive tackle John Braun has been held out of practice with a shoulder injury. Riley was hoping Braun would be available on Wednesday, but Braun was not in pads. Braun is still expected to play on Saturday.

• The first Bowl Championship Series rankings were released on Sunday with the Beavers holding the No. 25 spot. Stanford was listed at No. 6. Oregon State did not make the top 25 in the coaches poll or the Associated Press poll, but received votes in both.

• While the Beavers face Stanford this Saturday, Oregon has a home game against No. 12 UCLA, the first time both Oregon schools have hosted ranked teams on the same Saturday in state history. Eugene will also be the site of ESPN’s College Gameday this weekend.

The Daily Barometer

On Twitter @barosports

sports@dailybarometer.com

More about

More about

More about