Brief Mannion semifinalist for Davey O’Brien Award

Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:36 pm | Updated: 8:39 pm, Tue Nov 5, 2013.

Junior quarterback Sean Mannion was announced as one of 16 semifinalists for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award given to the nation’s best quarterback.

Mannion leads the nation in passing yards (3,540) and passing touchdowns (31) and has been the Pac-12 Conference Player of the Week twice this season.

He’s also a three-time Manning Award Player of the Week recipient this season.

Mannion has thrown for 9,314 career yards, which is the most of any active Pac-12 quarterback and is good for 16th on the conference’s all time list.

The Davey O’Brien finalists will be announced Monday, Nov. 25, with the winner being announced Dec. 12 on ESPN.

Mannion’s two worst statistical games came in Oregon State University’s previous two games — losses to No. 6 Stanford on Oct. 26 and USC on Friday.

Mannion threw a season-high three interceptions in Friday’s loss, doubling his season total.

The Beavers are back in action Nov. 16 against Arizona State, following a bye week.

The Daily Barometer

On Twitter @barosports

sports@dailybarometer.com

More about

More about