Police Beat (March 10) - The Daily Barometer: News

Friday, February 27, 2015

Police Beat (March 10)

Posted: Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:14 pm

Saturday, March 1

Try that thing called “the Internet”

Benton County sheriffs received a call about suspicious activity in a neighborhood off Tampico Road. Someone said a male and female, both aged 25-35, knocked on his door and asked to use his phonebook. They said they were looking for a relative with the last name Vonn who lived in the area. The resident didn’t recognize the name and called several neighbors to warn them about the couple. 

Monday, March 3

In need of a compromise

Someone contacted Benton County sheriffs about a male who was demanding $50 for a washing machine. The victim said he only agreed to pay $20, but the two parties had different stories. The victim also allegedly said if the man came to his house looking for more than $20, he would beat him up. The deputy told both men to take care of the issue in a civil court.

Thursday, March 6

A hairy situation

Oregon State troopers responded to a report of a fight at the International Living Learning Center. One man allegedly made fun of another man’s haircut. The conversation grew into an argument and they tried to tackle each other. No punches were thrown and both parties didn’t want to press charges. 

Friday, March 7

An elaborate plan 

A man came to Oregon State police with a letter that appeared to be from the authorities office. The letter said the man had allegedly engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a female minor, but the letter was actually a fake. The man believed it was from his ex-girlfriend with whom he has an ongoing issue. The investigation is ongoing. 

managing@dailybarometer.com