Police Beat (Feb. 11) - The Daily Barometer: News

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Police Beat (Feb. 11)

Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Monday, February 3

Sell those textbooks online

Oregon State police witnessed Richard Sather, 24, and Amy Ankarberg, 26, allegedly fail to stop their bikes at a stop light at the intersection of Kings Boulevard and Harrison Boulevard. The female biker stopped but the male continued for 2.5 miles. The trooper pursued him with emergency lights on until he finally stopped and Sather was placed in handcuffs. He was arrested for a valid felony warrant and interfering with a police officer. Ankarberg caught up to the officer and said they were returning from campus where they had sold some books they found in a dumpster. She was arrested for criminal trespass II after a valid exclusion from the Oregon State University campus was verified on her. 

Thursday, February 6

Rail jams and joints

A department of public safety officer spotted people allegedly snowboarding on the stairs of Peavy Hall at 1:36 p.m. When approached, the officer could smell an odor of marijuana and witnessed a male throw a joint on the ground. When troopers arrived, they cited one male for unlawful possession of marijuana, less than one ounce. They excluded two other males from campus who were not students.   

A police beat record

People from West Hall requested an immediate response for an allegedly intoxicated female on the third floor. When they arrived, they contacted the 19-year-old female who was marginally responsive to verbal interaction and was vomiting. She provided a blood alcohol content level of 0.312 percent through a breath test. She was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital for care and was left with a citation for minor-in-possession of alcohol.

Sunday, February 9

Drunken ‘slug bug’ is a bit different

Someone contacted Oregon State police about vandalism to a vehicle. It appeared someone had thrown a beer bottle through the driver’s side window of a green Volkswagon Bug. Authorities contacted the owner and she confirmed there was nothing stolen.

managing@dailybarometer.com