Police Beat (Feb. 20) - The Daily Barometer: News

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Police Beat (Feb. 20)

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Saturday, February 8

A painful pour

Corvallis police contacted two males, 18 and 19, in the middle of the intersection of 21st Street and Tyler Avenue. One of them was allegedly holding a half-gallon of vodka that was approximately three-quarters full. All of the alcohol was poured out and both males received citations for minor-in-possession of alcohol. 

Monday, February 10

What people do for books 

An employee of The Book Bin on Fourth Street contacted Corvallis police about a fraudulent check. The manager stated a week before that Megan Loucks, 29, allegedly used a Bluebird check to pay for $42.55 worth of goods. An employee the day of the purchase verified her identity through the woman’s driver’s license, however, the check later came back as bad. Police found Loucks and arrested her for negotiating a bad check and theft III. 

Tuesday, February 11 

An unfortunate end

Corvallis police received a call from a saddened woman about the death of her chickens and rooster. She stated her nephew had been renting out the house, but was gone for a few days. When he came back, all the chickens and roosters were deceased in the yard. She expects they were killed because of someone’s previous noise complaint against the chickens. 

managing@dailybarometer.com