Deedon, Redman sweep ASOSU election - The Daily Barometer: News

Friday, May 29, 2015

Deedon, Redman sweep ASOSU election

Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:00 am | Updated: 6:57 am, Fri Jul 5, 2013.

Brett Deedon and Victoria Redman won the Associated Students of Oregon State University election for president Friday night.

Deedon and Redman beat Jackson Lile and Robbie Ohanesian by a total vote of 835-486. Lile and Ohanesian ran an unsuccessful campaign for president last year.

Thomas Bancroft won speaker of the house, defeating Elena Christie, 615-463.

Fewer students voted in the general election than in the primary election. There were 1,483 voters for president in the general election, only 6.7 percent of eligble voters. The primary election had 2,118 total voters, about 9.6 percent of eligible voters.

Maria Yerkes and John Varin won two-year seats to the Student and Incidental Fees Committee. Brad Alvarez and Sonia Contreras won one-year seats to SIFC.

Financial statements show that Lile and Ohanesian did not spend any additional money during the general election, having spent $981.33 during the primay. Deedon and Redman spent $139 during the general election for a table and space in the Memorial Union and for a Facebook ad. They spent $432.35 in total for their campaign.

Bancroft spent $178.50 on his campaign, reportedly spending no more during the general election. Christie also did not spend additional money, having spent $448.80 during the primary.

Redman said she is honored to be given the opportunity and looks forward to getting to work. She said she and Deedon would begin looking at hiring their cabinet on Monday.

ASOSU officers will be sworn in on June 1.

Don Iler, editor-in-chief

On Twitter @doniler

editor@dailybarometer.com