Paul Peterson named to PING All-West Region squad - The Daily Barometer: Home

Monday, April 27, 2015

Paul Peterson named to PING All-West Region squad

Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:00 am | Updated: 1:48 pm, Wed Jul 3, 2013.

CORVALLIS - Oregon State junior men's golfer Paul Peterson, who led the Beavers with a 71.85 scoring average this past season, has been named to the PING All-West Region team of the Golf Coaches Association of America. The honor marks the first time Peterson has been named to the all-region squad.

Peterson's scoring average of 71.85 this past year placed him third on the all-time Oregon State single season scoring list. The junior earned second team All-Pac-10 Conference honors after he finished tied for sixth at the Pac-10 Men's Golf Championship with a four-round score of 3-under-par (285).

Peterson appeared in 12 tournaments this past season, recording a third place finish at the Giustina Memorial Classic (-4, 212) and a tie for third at San Francisco Intercollegiate (+1, 214).

Overall, Peterson finished in the top 10 in five tournaments this past year.

Peterson helped lead Oregon State to its third consecutive NCAA Men's Golf Championship appearance as the Beavers advanced to regional play after finishing fifth at the Pac-10 Conference Men's Golf Championship.